The Advisory Committee advises and reports to the Board of Trustees, filtering and fine-tuning issues identified by the Scientific Committee, or raising by itself. It comprises up to 10 representatives, who are appointed by the Nominations Committee. Representatives may serve for a maximum tenure of two, three-year terms (plus one additional year, if requested by the British Nutrition Foundation). Six representatives must not have a personal financial interest in the commercial food industry. The committee meets at least twice per year.
- Professor J Cade BSc PhD FAfN Professor of Nutritional Epidemiology and Public Health, University of Leeds (Chair)
- Ms J Batchelar OBE BSc PGCE Director of Food Matter International (Vice-Chair)
- Professor JE Blundell BSc PhD FBPsS Chair of Psychobiology, University of Leeds
- Professor G Frost BSc PhD RD Chair in Nutrition and Dietetics, Imperial College London
- Dr S Gatenby BSc PhD Senior Director, Nutrition Europe, PepsiCo UK Ltd
- Mrs G Henderson BEd Education consultant
- Mrs K Clifford, Head of Public Affairs Nestlé UK Ltd
- Professor K Whelan BSc MSc MA PhD RD Professor of Dietetics and Head of Department of Nutritional Sciences, King’s College London
- Professor MJ Wiseman MB BS FRCP FRCPath FAfN Visiting Professor in Human Nutrition, University of Southampton
Ms K Platts MSc., ANutr., MRSPH Research Associate, Sheffield Hallam University
Help us improve
We'd love to hear your thoughts about this page below.
If you have a more general query, please contact us.
Please note that advice provided on our website about nutrition and health is general in nature. We do not provide any personal advice on prevention, treatment and management for patients or their family members.