The Scientific Committee advises on the interpretation and translation of scientific information in order to generate and communicate clear accurate, accessible information on nutrition, diet and lifestyle, which is relevant to the needs of the diverse audiences which the British Nutrition Foundation serves.
It comprises up to 30 representatives, who are appointed by the Senior Leadership Team (ensuring representations from different sectors, diversity, capability, skills and experience). Representatives may serve for a maximum tenure of two, three-year terms (plus one additional year, if requested by the British Nutrition Foundation). At least two-thirds must not have a personal financial interest in the commercial food industry. The committee meets at least twice per year.
- Mrs B Bray MBE, Independent Registered Nutritionist and Food Safety consultant
- Dr A Brown, University College London
- Dr E Dimidi, King's College London
- Mrs L Farrell, Nutrition & Health Manager Product Quality, Tesco
- Mrs N Gillet, Nutrition & Health Development Manager, Allied Bakeries
- Ms E Jesper-Mir, Wellcome Trust/Sense about science
- Dr K Karnick, Vice President of Global Nutrition and Open Innovation, Tate & Lyle
- Dr G Kuhnle, University of Reading
- Professor J MacDiarmid, University of Aberdeen
- Dr D Mellor, Aston University
- Professor L Methven, University of Reading
- Mrs B Monks, Food education consultant
- Professor E Robinson, University of Liverpool
- Professor P Rogers, University of Bristol
- Professor T Sanders, Emeritus Professor of Nutrition & Dietetics at Kings College London
- Professor D Stensel, University of Loughborough
- Professor E Stevenson, University of Newcastle
- Dr J Stewart, University Hospitals of Leicester
- Mrs L Street, Nutrition Manager, Marks & Spencer
- Mr M Towner, Portfolio Manager, Impact on Urban Health
- Dr L Wilson, Richmond and Wandsworth Councils
Help us improve
We'd love to hear your thoughts about this page below.
If you have a more general query, please contact us.
Please note that advice provided on our website about nutrition and health is general in nature. We do not provide any personal advice on prevention, treatment and management for patients or their family members.