What we do
The British Nutrition Foundation's vision is 'Everyone can access healthy, sustainable diets' and it is contributing towards this through its Mission ‘Translating evidence-based nutrition science in an engaging and actionable ways’. In all aspects of our work, we aim to generate and communicate clear, accurate, accessible information on nutrition, diet and lifestyle, which is impartial and relevant to the needs of diverse audiences, in particular the general public, the media, government, schools, health professionals, and food and beverage companies. Find out more about our mission here. Find out more about what we do via our Annual Reviews.
The British Nutrition Foundation's activities include:
- developing high quality nutrition resources, information and training for a range of audiences
- disseminating resources, information and training to make healthier choices easier
- championing nutrition science, advocating evidence-based nutrition science through recognising and rewarding excellence, and engagement, collaboration and partnerships that seek to improve public health
- providing advice and consultancy on nutrition matters, such as devising, developing, and/or disseminating reviews of the evidence base; holding roundtables on specific topics; nutritional and dietary analyses; writing and editing; multi-media resource development; establishing nutrient criteria for product ranges; a sounding board for policy development; NDNS analysis; reviewing nutrition messages on websites; developing factsheets, FAQs, blogs and newsletters; and horizon scanning
- engaging with the media, as well as social media
- delivering high quality training and events, through conferences, workshops, webinars or modular online support (including schools)
- publishing Nutrition Bulletin, our journal, as well as newsletters
- providing www.nutrition.org.uk - a source of evidence-based nutrition information
- advancing food and nutrition education in schools via www.foodafactoflife.org.uk
- hosting the British Nutrition Foundation Healthy Eating Week.
Help us improve
We'd love to hear your thoughts about this page below.
If you have a more general query, please contact us.
Please note that advice provided on our website about nutrition and health is general in nature. We do not provide any personal advice on prevention, treatment and management for patients or their family members.